The Woodside Remote Catering Pty Ltd (WRC) mission is to provide first class chef’s and camp attendants. The catering crew are an experienced team and have worked in the hospitality industry for a combined 30 plus years with the leading Head Chef/Operations Manager; having been trained in France on a scholarship working under some of the world’s best Chef’s.
Company History & Background
Woodside Remote Catering is a recent addition to the Australian remote catering industry and has been formed with the specific intent to target the Coal Seam Gas, Shale Oil and Conventional Gas drilling industries. The company was conceptually formed in April 2017 and has been actively investigating market opportunities since that time. WRC was registered in June 2017.
The formation of WRC has been in direct response to the rapid downturn of the Australian Coal Seam Gas industry (particularly Queensland) and the lack of choice available to Drilling Contractors with respect to professionally managed first class dining experiences.
Management and Personnel Resources
Operational management of WRC is the responsibility of our industry professionals with a long-standing association with the CSG & conventional oil/gas industry in Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia. The management team consists of Mr Andrew Gallagher and Mr Jason Wood.
The management team has a proven track record in the Queensland CSM industry and have the ability to initiate and drive step changes in personnel performance. All members of the management team have been involved with numerous other coal seam gas, shale oil and conventional gas projects throughout Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia.
The management team also has extensive hands on field experience through HSEQ leadership & budget/project management experience to name a few. A summary of the management team experience follows;
- Detailed understanding of all facets of the hospitality Industry.
- Understanding of current industry HSEQ and Training requirements.
- Understanding of government legislation and requirements.
- Local and Interstate experience.
- Experience with managing camps ranging from 18 Pax to 120 Pax in remote locations across Australia.
- Areas of operation in Australia (Santos CSG & Cooper Basin, Origin/OCA, Molopo, Exoma, Arrow Energy, QGC, AGL, Icon Energy & Link Energy)
- Specific experience with all facets of Culinary / Dietary Requirements / Religious Beliefs, while maintaining a professional and hospitable working environment. Detailed understanding of the requirements under the national food safety standards.
Additionally, the management team has an in depth understanding and a network throughout the hospitality industry with respect to personnel resources and equipment. WRC is confident it can attract, train and retain high calibre personnel from within the local industry in order to deliver a high standard of service.
Woodside Remote Catering regards its personnel resources as key to it’s future success.